FlowVax BreastCA is being designed to treat a wide range of breast cancers.
Flow Pharma published two papers in 2023 looking at the tumor associated antigen survivin which is present on multiple tumors including breast cancer:
- A mouse version of FlowVax BreastCA targeting survivin was effective at slowing the growth of triple negative breast cancer.
- FlowVax Pharma researchers found that women with luminal breast cancer presenting for surgery had survivin expressed on tumor tissue but not on adjacent normal breast tissue.
- Under Development, FDA Approval Required.
- Available On-Demand bio-medicine targeting tumor-associated antigens.
- Will work for many breast cancer patients.
- Delivered through intranodal injection
- Engineered with next-generation sequencing and artificial intelligence.
Gene Sequencing Clinical Study
Phase I Clinical Study
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is an abnormal growth disease that most commonly presents as a lump that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue. More than 80% of cases are discovered when a person detects such a lump with the fingertips. The earliest breast cancers, however, are detected by a mammogram.
A scanning electron microscopic 3D-enhanced NIH image of cancer cells and lamellipodia spike processes on a cellular tissue surface. Credit: National Institutes of Health/Department of Health and Human Services